LPSYA Rec Plus Guidelines
In Fall 2011, LPYSA was given the opportunity to join the Recreation Plus (RecPlus) division of competitive soccer in Southern Maryland. This division/league will provide the above average soccer player the opportunity to play competitive soccer in Southern Maryland, without the high costs or travel requirements of Select/Travel soccer. Rec Plus is a division that falls under the St. Mary’s Youth Soccer Club (SMYS), and is subject to their by-laws. The LPYSA Rec Plus Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with all Rec Plus partner leagues in regards to the schedule and fields used in this league.
- All Rec Plus coaches are non-compensated volunteers.
- All interested coaches must contact the LPYSA Board and be approved to coach in Rec Plus.
- Since the caliber of play in Rec Plus is deemed as being above average in relation to the Rec program, the coaches should possess above average qualifications. Therefore, each selected coach should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must hold at least an “E” level coaches license.
- Have at least 3 prior seasons of qualified coaching experience.
- Coaches are required to commit to their team for at least 1 full YEAR.
- Children of Coaches and Assistant Coaches are automatically placed on the same team that their parents are coaching, unless specifically requested otherwise in writing.
- Beginning with the Fall season of 2014, all Rec Plus teams are REQUIRED to play at least 1 full YEAR in Rec Plus.
- The formation of teams will only take place prior to the Fall season of each year.
- Prior to each Fall season, at least 2 player evaluations will be held for all new and existing teams. These evaluations will take place over two different days, with locations and times posted on our league website; www.lpysa.org.
- Supplemental evaluations may be held prior to the Spring season to fill roster slots created by departing players, as needed.
- Rec Plus may field girls-only teams playing in a girls-only Rec Plus division. If a girls-only team is not available, girls will be given equal consideration for placement on an age appropriate Co-ed Rec Plus roster.
- Age division eligibility is determined by a player’s age as of January 1st of a given year.
- No player who is currently carded as a Travel Player can play for a Rec Plus team during the same time period.
- No player who is currently playing Rec Plus may play concurrently on a Recreation team.